courtesy undash lights

pocobill7t1

Ok guys and gals, on my 71 I found courtesy lights on pass and driver sides. only wires coming out of sockets are a white wire(looks like it goes to base of lamp) and then a orange.

Which wire or wires go to jamp switch on booth sides?

HELP

White wire goes to the door switch, orange should have 12volts. When the door is open, it completes the circuit when the switch plunger pops out making the lights come on.

Opening either door should allow for all 3 lights to illuminate (2 under the dash & 1 dome light)Also, twisting the light switch on the dash should produce the same results when the doors are closed.

i have got it all fixed now, I was playing around with the wiring and had it set up so when one door is open that side courtesy light would light up and no dome light. it looks good at night when just the floor lights come on and you manually have to turn the dome light on if needed.

Now open either door and all three come on.:)

Had to re wire to all switches as previous owners cut pieces out and it was hell tracing them. thanks for your help once again I am a happy boy...

If you have buckets and a console, the light on the back of the console should also come on to illuminate the rear floor. The bulb was burned out on mine and I didn't even know it was there until I removed the console to install new carpet. Works fine now.