dash

wandalee

Just installed a reproduction dash pad from opgi....What a joke...doesn't fit at all.... has anyone used the dash cap that fits over the old dash//// if so how does it fit.....also has anyone sprayed a vinyl dye on the dash cap..... my dash color is dark saddle, does anyone know where you can buy the dye that would match..... thanks

I bought mine off of hi tech classics on EBAY. Fits pretty good. Not Perfect But I Think When It Warms Up And Things Become More Pliable In The Summer I WILL Screw It down.

I got my dash pad from OPGI and it fit perfect, one of few parts I can't complain about. BUT it's mated to a new repro dash housing, I wonder if the repro pad fits better to the repro dash housing than to an original dash housing??? confused

I guess I can complain about it a little. I didn't like the ROUGH and unfinished look at the defrost vent area so I did spent some time trimming that out to look ALOT better.

The Dash Caps work very well for 78-88 G-Body cars where replacing an entire dash takes hours worth of work and a new one is very expensive.

If you look at a swap meet or check local classifieds you can sometime find an original for $150-200.

But otherwise the New Pads themselves I've heard fits good, they are made by different people, and some are better than others.