Speedhut Gauges

gprimm

I am thinking about adding the Speedhut Tach to my small block 71's dash, replacing the clock. Two questions:

1). Is this the right size for the dash hole?

2). Has anyone done this swap. I'd really like to have the tach in the dash and this is stock looking.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauge/G338-TACH-01/1/Tachometer-Gauge-Speedhut-8K-RPM

1) yes its the correct size

2) haven't swapped out gauges YET

3) I haven't seen a post on the process but many here have done it..Andreas is one that has...that would be a good how to post

Many have used the Shiftworks tach for replacement of the clock including myself. Perfect fit and works great! Not sure about the mounting of the Speedhut tach but it looks like it has a shiftlight which would be cool......

Speedhut clamps has a ring on the back of them that basically screws on to clamp it to the surface you are mounting it. I actually just bought Dakota Digital in black alloy. I haven't seen anyone put aftermarket gauges such as speedhut or autometer in stock locations and I am not sure if its even possible

Anybody use the shiftworks gauges??

Looking for a pic of the one with white numbers, and the one with green.. Trying to decide, cool look, or car matching look.. :=} They also list green as a 70 fit, and the white as the 71-72, and I don't see the difference between the three years as far as dash pods go... any incite would be great.