sports mirror

monte70car

Worked a little on the sport mirrors I picked up over the weekend, supposedly came off a Olds 70-72. I had to buff the outside part of the mirror to get it to the right angel looks like it needs to go a little more. IMG_20140427_161828_784_zpscf4f8508.jpgIMG_20140427_161841_610_zps4385c64f.jpg

Robert, watch out on the passenger mirror. They will NOT both sit the same heigth and the same angle. when you are sitting in the drivers seat remember that drivers side mirror is only 3 feet from where your sitting and its angle is set up to see that sides close angle view.... The passenger is that much further away and the angle will be different to compensate that but you will see out of it based on that. one of our members up here made his 70 Nova mirrors he put on the same and he cant see out of the passenger one fully and the mirror will only angle so far and now he leans over just to look into that mirror and you should not have too.

My picture is not that great but they are not the same but I can see perfect out of them and you cant really tell unless you are dead staright in front of the monte looking down. And at that point its not that afr off but you can see, GM made them off a little for that reason. on the cars they are designed for they may sit the same but the base angles are different and molded that way for that car. we are trying to adapt other gm mirrors on our cars and the mounts can easily be cut off and then you wont be able to mount them..

Mine are off a 73 olds 442 car.

Darren.

montegarage_zps4f9ff0b6.jpg