Going from a bench to buckets in a '70

Droff

I just picked up a '70 with buckets in it but I'd say a bench was stock. The buckets have been bolted down through the floor with the nuts visible underneath. Awesome.

Are there brackets that can be used to actually mount buckets to the floor without drilling holes all the way through the floor pan?

Thanks.

Thanks for the link. I searched but may have missed it, seems like these brackets need to be in a certain location, are there specs or anything along those lines where I can get the info on placement?

Any suggestions on filling the 4 holes on the floor panels?

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be able to post pics of these brackets in there cars cause I'm doing the same conversion right now. I have a 70' with a bench but picked up a set of the original style buckets and a set of these brackets but I'm struggling to see how they work in the car.

You should only be filling two holes the front ones for the bench seat, as the buckets will use the rear bench seat hole.

Based on this information, I'd say use the rear holes used for the bench seat to get the alignment for the front holes and where to install the brackets being used for the bucket seats.

Am I looking at this correctly?

Thanks.

Drew I would mount the brackets to your bucket seat and bolt the seat down using the rear bench seat bolt hole, this will get your bracket in the right spot on the floor.

Classic I just looked and I don't have any pictures of the brackets welded to my floor pans. I just got done cutting the stock bracket and moving them to set my new seats on my 72. Using the same information I provided Drew you can set your seats the same way.