seat belts

D.E

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked my drivers one and it says Ribbins model #3900 and under that it says 14K70. Guessing the 14K70 is the date? What would that date be? The rear one I looked at says Ribbins model #3910 and some have 13K70 and some 12K70.

Assuming these are date coded similar to way GM dates other things, the first digits are day of month, second digit being month and last digits year. So 14K70 = 14th day of November 1970. Not knowing myself what you are working on, these belts should be for a 71 model year with a build date after Nov 1970. Guessing your car should be a 71 with an approximate build date of Jan/Feb 1971.

I have these tags on my seat belts that say Irvin. Looks like a stamping on tag of 71 along with some other numbers. This tag was on backseat belts. The ones in front have same 71 stamping with other numbers that are almost the same but a digit or so off. My monte is a 72 built built in november of 71 so I have a pretty early 72 which is why I think I dont have that seatbelt buzzer either. Here is a pic

20140806_131934.jpg

Assuming these are date coded similar to way GM dates other things, the first digits are day of month, second digit being month and last digits year. So 14K70 = 14th day of November 1970. Not knowing myself what you are working on, these belts should be for a 71 model year with a build date after Nov 1970. Guessing your car should be a 71 with an approximate build date of Jan/Feb 1971.
I am not sure, but off the top of my head I want to say late May 1970 was the info on my data tag for my '70. I am not so much interested in being date code correct, but thought since the topic was here I could find out more about date codes.