Custom console

ClassicJJ

Hi! I currently have a column shift car that I've swapped bench seat for the original style buckets. The next step is to find a console but being a big Camaro fan I'd like to do the 69' Camaro console with the horse shoe shifter and gauges! Does this console fit? Has anyone done this conversion? Is there any tips? Thanks for the help!

the horseshoe shifter came with the buckets and can be purchased anywhere repo parts are sold...you can search here to see if anyone has done this conversion...I`m sure of it...or search our sister car forum which probably has it..... ATTN ADMIN..not sure if referring another forum is kosher..please advise..good luck

James I see where you are coming from I've been eyeing the69 Camaro style console with the 4 gauges myself. I want to say it should fit but then looking at the price (being higher then a stock 68-72) would hate for someone to pull the trigger on it and not fit. 67-69 Camaro with gaugesIR-755G.jpg stock 68-72 Chevelle, Monte, El Camino IX-68A-HQ-LOCKa.jpg

1) I'd install whatever Horseshoe floor shifter & cable assembly you're going to use (Camaro and Chevelle/M.C. are different) 2)Verify actual shifting function. 3) Then I'd locate the Cheapest, broken Camaro console I could find on the internet or swap meet and use that for the "Fit-up mule". I'll speculate that you may have to raise the Camaro console to line up the shifter within the gear position slots & PRND21 lense. given that, you have to determine which mounting brakets to use, or make your own. I've built probably 10 or so consoles over the years and I'd say this procedeure seems to work. My current M.C. uses a 69 Cutlass shifter w/ custom built console that incorporates a 2nd Gen Camaro arm rest & storage pocket, hand made PRND21 Lense, 1st Gen Firebird lense "light distribution socket", a clock housing from some 60's German car and chrome strips from A-body arm rests and (!)an 86 Jeep Cherokee roof rack. Cut/fit, cut/fit & cut/fit some more....but I enjoy that.