Need to locate a stock brass/copper radiator?

MC1970U

Need help locating brass/copper radiator for the 70? Contacted USRadiator who gave me the name of a bunch of their distributors and not a single one had what I needed. I gave them the part number/s and they all acted like they did not know what I was talking about. Just need the stock 3 row that was original.  

I could order directly from USRadiator but they said 5 weeks to build and the cost is more buying direct. 5 weeks just wont do as the wife drives her Monte everyday. Man things have really changed you used to be able to go down to the parts house and get a brass/copper radiator no problem.

I did search the forum and could not find much on this except a lot of discussion on aluminum radiators. I would prefer the brass/copper and would like to find a US manufacture?

Thanks,

spoony

I got mine from NAPA, small block one, I don't remember the manufacturer but I can get a part # for you if you need it.

Had a tough time finding it through all of our shop suppliers, then Napa came through

• Like 1

Thanks lastss I will shot you an email!

Thanks 7tonemonte I would appreciate the part number.

Another question. Why cant I copy and past like I used to be able to? I was trying to copy from word and paste in the topic and here in the comment and for some reason cant?

spoony 

David,

Wish I would have seen the offer a little sooner. Harrison built some quality stuff. When I was doing the dash and decided to replace the heater core, out of caution, I was pretty apprehensive looking at the good factory heater core and the best options available. In the end I went ahead and did but the Harrison was far better quality and I don't expect to get 40 years out of the replacement.

I did end up finding a quality, paying for it, factory replacement at USRadiator. It makes me very happy when I can find a quality made in America anything these days. Not always but many time more expensive but its my personal experience I find better quality, service, knowledge and I feel real good about putting it to the man and giving my brothers and sisters work.

Thanks everyone I will let you know how everything goes once it gets here and I install it,

spoony

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a high efficiency 3 row from USRADIATOR. Everything went together well except for one minor thing. The trim around the tanks/headers are different then the originals and you cant attach the id tag and overflow tube bracket. Other then that I am very happy with fit, finish and quality. Minor but I should mention it in case anyone is interested. Would it be helpful to leave a review after I put a few miles on it?