High pressure pwr steering hose

V8Freak

So anybody else have a lot of trouble thing too get the high pressure power steering hose? None of the parts places can get me one that fits properly. And the ones they are sending don't look anything like the original on either of my two 70 Montes. I have looked online and the ones I'm seeing for my car look like the ones the jobers are sending me but again they do not look like the originals

Help would be appreciated lol

Are you sure the one in your Monte is original. Do you have a assembly manual? that will show you the picture and the GM part number.

I had exactly the same problem ... whatever data base the parts houses use, they all seem to be wrong on this particular part.  The part they gave me first was not even close so I looked up the part numbers in my '70 GM Assembly Manual and took them to my local Advance Auto Parts store.  As soon as they had the correct factory PNs, they were able to order the correct hoses.  My Assembly Manual lists the following part numbers:

For small block:

3972655 Inlet hose assembly

3773685 Outlet hose assembly

For big block:

3972653 Inlet hose assembly

3931898 Outlet hose assembly

These four PNs are called out specifically for Model 13857 (Monte Carlo)

Regarding how to post pictures on this new system, I have only found one way so far.  When you are replying to a post, go down to the lower right and click on the box that says "More Reply Options".  Now, if you scroll all the way down below the text entry box you will see a section called "Attach Files".  Just click on "Browse" to search the photo files on your computer and select the photo you want to include in your post.  Now click on "Attach This File" and it will be imported directly as a thumbnail photo.  If it is what you want, be sure to click on the box "Add to Post" so it will append that file below your text as a thumbnail.  You can then repeat that process to add other photos in sequence.   When a reader of your post clicks on any of the thumbnail photos, they will expand to full size for easier viewing.

There must be a way to include full-sized photos inline with your text, but I haven't figured it out yet.  Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys find the new ones a little shorter then original? Finally found one with right connections just not exactly like original, instead of wrapping around the steering box it goes over the top

Glad you found one that would at least bolt up.  I found the receipt for the one I finally got to work from Advance Auto Parts.  Their part number was 70255 and they reference another number of 3865533 but that doesn't match any original GM part number from the Assembly Manual.  If I understand your "over the top" comment, maybe mine is the same (see photo below), but it works just fine.

post-567-0-08442400-1419006523_thumb.jpg

No mines shorter, goes over the middle of that top cover with the 4 bolts on it, not a big deal it will do what it has too. We don't have an advanced auto parts in Ontario I think out partsource would be the equivalent, do you know what brand made that hose? Mine is from Edelmann

• 2 months later...