Rear seat Belts

snomobeelr

If you are asking orientation, here is a pic showing how/where the 2 individual belt pieces should be placed.  Mine are retractable so they sit at inside edge of rear seat.  I only installed belts for 2 individuals.

Hope this is what you were asking. 

:)

Doug

post-458-0-70129300-1432004770_thumb.jpg

If you are using the factory configuration of seat belts in all three possible rear seat positions, the photo below shows how they are positioned in both of my '70s.  From the passenger's side there is one belt with a tang, next there are two belts with buckles, then one belt with a buckle and one with a tang and finally a single belt with tang on the far driver's side.

post-567-0-57033900-1432008831_thumb.jpg

I try to keep the buckles slid far enough forward on the belts so they just barely hang over the front edge of the seat.  It keeps the belts straight and in place and looks a lot better than the scrambled mess that you often see in photos of cars for sale or even at car shows!  Retractors would certainly help, but it's not that hard to keep the stock belts laying flat and straight ... you just have to care a bit how the interior looks. 

Dennis your belts in your 70 is lay out like my are. 72 should be the same way even with the factory retractors like Doug has in his 72 which I believe was the only year to have them. I plan to add the rear shoulder belt to my 72 so I'll ended up with a tang then three buckles, two buckles and a tang then a tang on the drivers side. The shoulder belts will be mounted on the package tray and I believe there is a clip that holds them when not in used on  the sail panel, I have yet to look into that or see if there is any pictures.