bushings

joseph

I replaced mine last summer when I overhauled the front end of my '70 SS.  Those bushings were not easy to find because that front bar is 1.125" diameter on an SS.  Everybody carries the standard bushings, but very few carry the correct SS bushings.  I believe I got them from Moog but be sure you specify the larger diameter.  If I remember correctly, Leo Konik also said he had a source for them.

thank you for the help. the oem ones on my car are 45years old.i have not been able to match them up anywhere. i will try leo. he has helped all of us at some point.

thanks joseph

hello , i found the answer to my question.there are 2 types of brackets for front sway bar bushings.the most common with tabs.the other no tabs and a  rounded bracket.my car is a ca. car wich has rounded bracket. i called moog at 1-248-354-7700 and they looked up my bushings.  the part # is k6453 for rounded bracket. 11/8 dia. please keep for future info. thanks joseph.