shock color

joseph

Sorry, that was almost 15 years ago. I was thinking more a teal blue but would not swear to it.

rob

The SS air shocks may have been a different colour than the regular shocks but don't know for sure. Can't tell from my SS ones as they are rust brown, LOL.

I would have thought that the fronts would have been dove gray spiral shocks.

The rears are a different story. The GM replacements that were available were black. But I believe the originals were actually red. 

Stan may be right on the color. Dove grey would look to be light blue. The original front shocks I removed from my 70 (350) were also the spiral design.

Rob

ok heres the color.  go to gastanks.com  1-800-235-8788. they have a special blue-grey gm used on all shocks. the part # 07-03.9.50 plus shipping .1-2 cans per 4 shocks. other people have used rustoleum dark grey #1986 or krylon dove grey #1605. but there is no blue in those.

if you look at the pictures in barn find the factory shock color is the blue/grey on all 4 shocks from the factory.i m putting the spiral shocks on front and air shocks on back with the color blue/ grey as the color.

They all appear to be a battleship gray perhaps with a blue tinge. I have an nos set on my '71 ss and they are the same color.

post-92-0-74792300-1433867201_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-31317200-1433867249_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-44449300-1433867284_thumb.jpg