Original color for hood hinges/springs

What is the original color for the hood hinges and springs for a 70 monte? I have heard it was a dull aluminum color for the hinges and black for the springs. But, I always thought they were all black. can anyone confirm this?

[This message has been edited by Kevin Wiles (edited 06-11-2001).]

I dunno..I always thought they were black too. I was just getting ready to paint mine, so I can't wait to find out the correct answer to this one. smile.gif

Kevin,

I don't know for sure but as a reference I looked at the photo album at Art's SS and they look black in the picture of his engine compartment. It looks like he tried to get that car as close to original as possible.

Just my 2cents worth but not sure.

Rob

When I glassbeaded mine, they sure looked black. Although if you ask a Chevelle nut, they say they are supposed to be gray phosperate (?spelling?). Ihave another set that are also black, under the rust.

My hinges are black, but springs are a silver color.

------------------

-Ryan

- - - - - - - - - -

IN LIFE, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE, BUT WHETHER SOMEONE APPRECIATES YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE, ACCEPTS YOU AND LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY.

The hinges and springs are still available and they are black. I always liked the black paint named SEMS. Its a satin finish. You can buy it at a auto body supply. Also a good paint is the GM recondition paint in the gallon cans. No thinning required. Works great. Don`t get that in a spray bomb, its different

Another color question: has anyone tried spraying a gold cadmium looking color on the brake booster? If so can you lead me in the right direction.

Just the question I was looking for the

answer to. It seems Black is the color,

and I agree. Once again, thanks to everyone

for help on this and other questions in the

past.

Kevin......National Parts Depot list a product called NuCAD Works,Majestic Gold part# AP-21110. I have not used this and its pricy...89.95 . N.C. warehouse 1-800-368-6451 . i believe i have seen a similar product in Year One but i dont have there catolog handy . mike