Vinyl Top Mouldings

Monte123

Hello and thanks in advance, I am trying to figure out the clips for the vinyl top mouldings. Do they push forward or back, also, there are a couple short metal clips and a couple long metal clips that are held on with a nut. Which one goes where? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Since there were no replies I guess no one has come across this. After a lot of wonderin, askin, and lookin, I figured it out. I did get help with how to put the black plastic clips went on but the yellow clips go on the sail panels, the long metal clips hold the moldings on at the bottom behind the quarter glass and the little metal clips hold the ends of the long molding between the back window and the trunk. 

Sorry no one has responded to your question. I to am in the same boat with the clips on my halo top trim. I figured mine out also. But I need to get some new clips but don't know what. I see OPGi sells them, but they have different sizes. I need to measure mine to see what I need. I can reuse some of my original clips. Did you have to buy any New clips?

• Like 1

I was able to reuse my clips, having said that, I would recommend new if it is easy. I had 2 tops worth of clips and broke a few installing them. I also had a few that are holding on by the littlest thread

I've used what clips I have for mock up. I plan on getting new ones when it's time to have the vinyl installed. I've only seen OPGi as the seller of the clips.

I think AuVeCo makes them. I got a lot of clips when I repainted the 72 two years ago at an automotive body supply store to reinstall and install my new moldings. It is best to take an old clip in and the AuVeCo catalog has full size pictures of the clips so they are usually easy to match up. There is another supplier of auto molding clips but my rememberer isn't recalling the name.

• Like 1

Not the metal ones, I found plastic ones locally that work just as well but do not scratch the paint like the metal ones do.