Headliner

Gavin

When people talk about installing a new headliner you mostly hear it's a major pain. Why is that. I can't imagine what the job looks like or how the thing is fitted. I don't even have an idea of what the headliner looks like from the other side (inside that is). Does anyone have a picture of this?

Gav

First pain - remove all the plastic trim pieces around the windows, sunvisors, mirror, dome light, coat hooks, rear sail panels, piller covers, shoulder belts and clips. Next pain is headliner edges are glued all around(back side is same as front except for sewed seams). Last pain is three holes to choose for the rods(mark which ones were used). As always, things are easier to remove then to put back. I would let a professional do the install. New headliners do not have any holes punched in them.HTH

I thought it would be a hard job, but as you can see here http://web.tampabay.rr.com/iann/monte7.html , it was not that bad. I had help from a buddy who had done them before, but I could have done it by my self if I had to.

Ian

------------------

frontshot1.jpg

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/iann/monte.html

Installing the headliner is pretty tricky. Having 2 people would be easier. If you are taking out the back glass install the liner with the glass out. I did my owe but next time I'll just pay the bill and leave it to the pros.

------------------

David,

My 72 Monte Carlo

BothSmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I couldn't resist. I took the headliner out! Though Jim said things come off easier than they are put back, I'm not too worried about putting my new FURRY headliner back in. Seems like a piece of cake, but I'll keep you posted on my progress :-)

Gav

Gavin,

check my website. Detailed Instructions how to put in a new headliner are in the Tech Tips section smile.gif

------------------

71 Monte 454 HO 5- Speed "FULMNTE"

86 Monte LS "The Gray Mouse" FOR SALE!

01 Camaro V6

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

------------------------------------------

Sig.gif

------------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

montesmile.jpg

Alright Gavin...when your done i gotta see this FURRY headliner biggrin.gif

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gavin:

I'm not too worried about putting my new FURRY headliner back in.

Gav</font>

------------------

Chevy_anim_drkgreen.gif Trying is the first step tward failure...Homer Simpson Chevy_anim_drkgreen.gif

1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Page

monte_thumb.JPG

Pete@firstgenmc.com