Carburator

tom71

All:

My '71 has always had difficulty getting started.  It is OK during the summer months but the winter drives me crazy.  The choke works fine but the flapper disk in the carb always sticks.  Someday I will tell you all about it but the flapper is bent causing it to stick and not allowing the choke to disengage it.  I have tried to straighten it out but I am afraid the axis pin is also bent.  I had the original rebuilt but it is very hard to find someone who can really do a top notch job.  So........I am in the market for a new carb.  I am looking for suggestions for a new carb for my '71 350.  I want to stay original.  I appreciate any suggestions.

Tom

If you know for sure, the carb on your engine (4 BBL?) is the same one that came with it from the factory, I would not let it go like for a core or something.

There are places that can properly do a correct total rebuild. The place that did mine many years ago did a great job. The throttle shaft was worn out so the idle never came back to the same speed and it leaked vacuum. It's been so long I don't remember their name.

Bruce

Thanks guys.  I will be giving Cliff a call and see what can be done.  I want to keep my 2 barrel original so I'm hoping he can fit me in.  The website says there is a couple of month waiting time but mother Nature is taking care of that for me.  Come on Spring!!!!!!!!