Rear quarter window seals

GermanMonte

Howdy,

does anyone know where I can get the rear quarter window seals? There's an inner and an outer one, running vertically along the rearmost part of the quarter window. The outer one is bolted to the roof metal, the inner one has three clips that hold it to the inner part of the roof.

All I can find is the standard stuff like the seal between the front and the quarter window and the felt stuff that runs along the windows horizontally.

Both my rear window seals are cracked and have the consistency of a zwieback!

Thanks a lot!

Robert

Google search found http://www.tamrazsparts.com/70-72-chevelle-skylark-inner-rear-vertical-quarter-window-weatherstrip-seals-pr/

I don't think the outers are reproduced.  A member here bought 2 pairs of the inners and was able to modify a pair to use as outers.

Good used outers are pretty tough to find. Cracking is typical. 

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Over $50 plus shipping to Germany for the Tamraz parts is pretty hefty. I just got me some sponge rubber moldings that look exactly like the original parts. My plan is to reuse the metal support plate of the stock parts and glue the new rubber stuff on top of them. I'll let you know how it came out.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what it looks like:

post-979-0-74899000-1455103906_thumb.jpg

I bought some foamed rubber by the meter and cut it to length. It's a bit more narrow than the stock seals, but it was the only stuff available with a thickness that's close to the stock parts. I glued the new seals to the support plates with a special rubber glue. On the car you can hardly tell a difference to the original appearance plus they seal the window perfectly.