interior paint

montemason

i just recently purchased front bucket seats and also rear seat, used of course, they are in good shape but they are green and the rest of my interior is black. i was wondering if anybody ever used that fabric and vinyl paint? how good did it work? any fade issues or problems? seems cheaper than reupholstering them but not if i have to do it every year for the rest of my life lol.

Never used fabric dye but have used the paint for vinyl/plastic, SEM is a good one to use. I did a dash pad that was green and painted it with black and came out great. Make sure you clean everything real good first. I did it about 3 years age and still looks as good as it didn then.

Never used Fabric Paint before but have used the Interior Vinyl paint.  The paints suggested work very well (directions followed) when reconditioning but on vinyl seats where you will be sliding into and out of over time will show wear spots and probably original color eventually showing through in those locations.  Again, not sure how a cloth fabric seat would react.  Preparation is the key for getting the best bond.  

Doug  ;)

Dyeing the interior will do OK but it will eventually wear off. My previous trim panels were dyed black and when I redid my interior last year they were showing the brown in many place's. I have used the SEM products with some very good luck and recommend them highly.