Quarter window rubber seal

Chris

Anyone found a source for the vertical seal for the rear of the quarter window? It's the outer one that is mounted to the quarter panel. Mine are pretty well cracked and deteriorated and the ones I've found are mostly in the same condition.

Chris

71 350 4spd

I suppose you mean the Quarter Jamb U-Rubbers?

I bought mine from CJ Auto. $15.95 per pair

www.cjauto.com

------------------

71 Monte 383 "The Full Monty"

86 Monte LS ZZ4 "The Gray Mouse"

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

---------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 03-06-2001).]

No, not the U-jamb rubbers. When looking at the quarter window from the outside there is a verticle piece of rubber that seals the window to the quarter panel. They are about 10-12 inches long. Most of the Monte's I have seen that have been repainted (mine included) have this piece painted too as it looks like a portion of the body. In order to remove it the inner sail panel needs to be removed as there are screws holding it on that can only be accessed from the inside of the car. I'll see if I can find the description and part number in the assembly manual.

For those of you with a Fisher Body Manual. The part I am looking foris called the "Quarter Window Rear Vertical Outer Sealing Strip" shown in figure 7.4 on page 7-2.

The only Vertical seal that I knew about was the one between the door glass and the quarter window. I do not have a parts book so I can not look up the one you are talking about. I have to assume you are not talking about the Horizontal one which mounts on the quarter panel. If I get what you are talking about, it would be attached to what may be considered by some people as the Sail Panel which is the panel where the Monte Carlo script lettering is attached.

If this is what you are talking about I will have to look at mine since I did not know there was a seal there.

Rob

71SS. No those are not the seals I am talking about. Those seal the quarter glass to the door glass. The ones I am talking about are the ones Rob mentioned. They seal the rear portion of the window to the sailpanel on the quarter. They can only be removed by taking off the earmuff panel (I mistakenly refered to it as the sailpanel) and removing the 2 screws that hold it in place. There is also an inner seal that is held on by clips. I've never seen this one repro'd either.

Take a close look at your car and you'll see what I mean. I figured since I have the entire interior out and am installing a complete new one it would be a good time to replace the seals if available.

Chris

After looking at my Fischer Body manual and Year One's catalog on page 538, they offer side-glass sealing weather strips that seem to be what you want, but as a whole kit. The description is a little vague (doesn't mention the vertical piece), so give them a call at 800-932-7663 and ask about item RF775 (standard), EX7750 (deluxe), 0X7750 (deluxe outside only), or TW7020C (OEM).

Hope this helps.

------------------

Adam

Adam,

Those are the horizontal seals. It's apparent that very few have ever noticed these pieces or ever tried to remove/replace them. Try this. Roll down the rear window and feel the vertical area in the sail panel for the seals (inner and outer) that I am talking about. I've looked through most every catalog for 1st Gen Monte's and have yet to see them repro'd or NOS.. Looks like I'll repro'ing my own.

If I had a digital camera I'd photograph them so all could see what I'm refering to.

Chris 71 4spd

I've got a digital camera. I'll try to get a picture posted for you later this afternoon. I know what part you're talking about and I can't remember having ever seen it listed anywhere either. confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Stuart (edited 03-15-2001).]

OK let's see if I can get this to work...

75758911103_0_ALB.jpgwink.gif I believe this is the part he is looking for?!

[This message has been edited by Stuart (edited 03-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Stuart (edited 03-21-2001).]

Well I know this was showing up yesterday at home and now I'm trying to pull it up at work and all I get is the red X. Can anyone else see it? Well, if anybody needs a picture of it let me know and I'll email it to you.

stuart

Stuart,

Thanks, that's the piece I've been searching for. If someone finds a place selling them let me know.

Chris

I just replaced all my new seals except for that piece. My new kit from Softseal was long enough to run from the front roof rail to the rear roof rail and down the window. Only thing is, is that that is NOT the same type of stripping. The piece you are looking for must be a special "single" piece. Mine are still in great shape so I just let it be....

Lon

CHRIS, I know what you need. No one repro`s those pcs. Would you like used ones. I think I have a couple of sets laying around. They should be good. I took them off cars years ago.

Carl,

If they are not cracked I'd be interested. Email me off line and we'll work something out.

Chris rochec@msn.com

Hey Carl, if you have any left over after Chris gets his I may be interested too. Again if you have some that aren't cracked.

------

thanks, stuart

hey paddock west sells window sealing strips for that. Page 99 of the 1999 paddock parts catalog #P9L1 1-800-428-4319

70-72 PART #02071 ROUND BEAD OEM set for door and quarter window for $99.95

or you can get the regular set for $52.95

70-72 w5132 regular, flat bead on same page

hope this helps

------------------

hey there sorry i missinterprited the photo till i saw the tool box but that pat is the roof side rail weatherstrip paddock parts has it on pg 100 for 70-72 montes part number W5024 REPRO sold in pairs for $64.95 plus shipping 1-800-428-4319 catalog #P9L1 sorry for wrong info on last message. oh paddocks catalogs are free just call the 800 number and you should get one in two weeks or less.

------------------

Hey Chris, did you end up finding any? They sound hard to find so let us know if there is a dealer we can use to get them.

------------------

Adam

Chris, I went to the scrap yard here and found two sets of the seals. I can't say they are in excellent shape, but they seem okay. If you still need some, I can go get them for you.

------------------

Adam

• 4 weeks later...

if anybody finds any of these seals on a car in a junk yard, grab them , I have looked on many cars here in MI but they are almost always rotted or brittel. When you try to get them off they fall apart. Help out the other Monte Carlo owners, save those hard to replace parts.