Update....

I knew who you were talking to Michael I was just messing with Larry and I am so looking forward to seeing you guys too. Hope you have had a good winter it has been nice here.

I trust your new focus brings you the result you desire.  Your contributions to the Club & Membership will not go un-noticed.  Glad to hear you will still look in on us occasionally and thanks again for all you did for us.   ;) 

Doug 

Larry,

When you do come on board, please warn us you are here, in case we are talking about you in the shout box or chat room we can stop right away and delete what we have said before you see it.

rob

Don't worry...... we'll know when he's been here!  There will be half a dozen posts in the For Sale section with all his Craigslist finds for us.  LOL

In all seriousness Larry,  the epiphany you just came to many of us wish we would have come to when we were in deep.  Many never come to the reality check until funds for everything run out, family suffers for a hobby .... and oftentimes worse.  Many of us are not big dollar guys and play the "as money comes in ..... money goes out" deal with little back up saved for a rainy day.  I myself was very lucky during my crazy times and was surviving the same way.  Luckily, I did not have to finance anything out of the ordinary during that time or I would have been done ..... like many guys cars we see for sale in mid-restoration that get pennies on the dollar.

Like yours mine had meaning (memory of my Dad) too.  Which just makes it that much easier to continue to spend money with reckless abandon.  Many of us have "gone off the deep end" to a much greater degree.  I love my Monte, but like you I will never add up the accordian file folder I literally have stuffed with receipts.  Which does not include items from FGMCC members, swap meets and some eBay items I never printed transaction sheets and do not have receipts for.  If I did, I may need chronic prozac therapy. 

We can look back on many things in our past and second guess every decision we made as we get older and wiser.  Even the cars we let slip through our fingers.  LOL.  But ultimately we are still here.  Some of us wished we put that money towards a larger house, prepared better for our retirement or had more long term investments.  But for whatever reason we all thought it was right at the time and we are still here to talk about it.  Am I second guessing my restoration?  Yes.  I think we all do at times. Because of it, we will all need to make accelerated plans in preparation for retirement.  It can be done.

The hands on experience, camaraderie, friendship of FGMCC and the gem in my garage I will never regret.  I will just have to make adjustments to make up for my oversight during those years.

I applaud you for coming clean here ......... but know you are not alone.

Best wishes.  Spend your time as you see more appropriate for the current needs of you & your family.  We will still be here to welcome you with open arms whether its a rare appearance or period of time.  I admit I am not on the boards nearly as much as I was during my restoration.  One it was completed, as yourself, I focused more on my family and kids.  Man,  my kids keep me busy ..... and keep the mileage on the Monte down.  Hopefully when things slow down with them I will be healthy enough to continue to enjoy the Monte.  I will keep her in my possession for as long as possible .....  but she will always remain in the family.

We are going to miss you around these parts partner.

Best of Luck always

Dan

• Like 2