Casting Call for My Monte

Well, it was a long day. There were 16 cars and drivers ab out of those 16 2 of them were 70 Montes, mine and a young lady with a light green one. The car had been her dads car. It originally had fender skirts and is a bucket seat and console car with a vinyl top and a nice unrestored vehicle. I had my tablet with me and introduced her to the club wec site so hopefully we will see her and her husband here on the boards. They asked all of us to return tomorrow afternoon to another shooting location but unfortunately I wont be able to make it but they will call me in the future for another shoot.

rob

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got another casting call this evening for a shoot this coming Tuesday early in the morning.  It is at the first shoot location I had for this show.  They called me and another car because the director wanted two of the cars that were in the original scene.  The shoot location is supposed to be the residence where the star lives.  Hopefully it won't be a very long day.  

rob

• Like 1

:band:  ~Their gonna put me in the movies, their gonna make a big star out of me"  An old song that came to memory & thought it appropriate.  And remember when you make it big, don't forget us little guys...  :k

Hope your shoot goes well and you receive a lot of exposure Rob............. ;)

Doug

After getting up early to be on the set on time, going through wardrobe and standing around all day, at 4:00PM the director said he felt thaton that narrow residential street, with all the equipment and people that it would be too dangerous to have the cars passing each other and then backing up to starting positions for up to 50 retakes that he wasnt going to do that so, unless the car can be seen in the background it won't be in that scene. I will still be paid as an Extra and for the car so it wasnt a totally wasted day.

rob

It is interesting to watch the production. While there I chatted with a lot of the crew and a couple cast members. It is amazing to see just how many people it takes to do a production like this . It seems that each of these individuals have a different task to do and not much else. I was more upset about not enough exposure for the First Gen Monte...the pay is just a bonus

rob

• 4 weeks later...

I got another call for my car again today.  Since I am on crutches and not able to drive I won't be able to take it but they will accept our son as a driver.... after all, it isn't me they want but my Monte.  Our younger son says he will do it.  I have told him it could be a very long day but since he has no plans he is going to do it.... Hope they get it into some scenes.  They also wanted it for two other shoot days but due to the distance and it now moving into the more possibility of snow I did not want to commit for those days.

rob

• Like 1