Gauge Cluster - Metal Strip

monte70z20

Hi Everyone:
I just recently purchased a 70 MC that was somewhat disassembled and slapped back together haphazardly.  I'm trying to put it back together and just can't seem to remember where some things go. Can anybody tell me where the metal strip that is wired to the back of the cluster gets attached to?  I have included a picture of the cluster with the metal strip visible in front of it. Thanks.

post-1324-0-16031700-1465601397_thumb.jpg

Yep, what he said.

Poor or missing grounds, IMO, are the cause of most automotive electrical problems.

Bruce

Yep, It gets sandwiched between the headlight switch and the back of the cluster in the left side and then it runs down the side where two 1/4 screws hold it to the wiper switch and then the tail flat piece gets a single short silver 1/4 screw to hold it to the Dash frame where it goes up and over the steering column also on the left side just below the wiper switch when cluster is back in Dash.

Darren

Before I put the dash back in, I want to check the gauge cluster to see that everything is working.  Electrical is not a strong point for me so I was wondering what it would take to just plug the gauge cluster into the wiring harness with the dash in place to see that everything works.  Is this possible?