Wiring Diagrams -Gauge cluster

monte70z20

All my manuals that contain wiring diagrams show examples of the wiring going to idiot lights.  Do schematics exist showing wiring from engine compartment - fuse block - gauges?  I have checked all my GM, Fisher Body and aftermarket manuals and all are to idiot lights.

You may be correct!

In my (only) 71 chassis service manual on page 12-61 what is labeled as fig. 89 Instrument Panel - Monte Carlo, Chevelle SS & optional does show the GEN warning LAMP, not the AMP gauge.

(ST 329-71 second printing 1970) Green cover

What are you trying to do?

Bruce

My Haynes manual "Montecarlo 70 thru 85" , the electrical diagrams for 70 & 71 only show indicator lights wiring but for 72 it has and options page for gauges wiring......

Yes I saw that in the Haynes manual.  There is also a colour diagram you can purchase from Amazon but it is for the Chevelle and includes wiring for the gauges.  Would this help?  The wiring in the car has just been cut to crap ('scuse the language).  Previous owner cut a bunch of wires in the engine compartment left them disconnected when the engine was swapped out.  Also octopussed a bunch of wires together.  Real lack of knowledge and a hack job.  I just can't understand what people are thinking????  Anyway my brother is very capable of putting everything back together but would make life a lot easier if we had accurate schematics.  I'm pretty sure from previous posts that it has the proper gauge cluster harness but I have also read your posts on how to switch from lights to gauges if I need to.  Thanks for all the input and advice.  I'm learning something new everyday.