opinions on battery disconect

mymontesa70

Hello fellow first gen family,

I'm Putting a battery disconnect switch on and i wanted everyone's opinions on where to put it.  inner fender? wheel well? maybe in the grill or remove a bumper bolt and use that location? 

Ever put one in? where did you put it?

thanks

I assume you are looking for security if you are trying to hide it? Are you also looking to disconnect the battery because you have a drain on it?

If it is just for security it might be easier to hide a small toggle switch inside the car that kills the ignition this way you do not have to open the hood each time you get out and back in.

honestly i just always thought they looked "racecar" but there's also a lingering paranoia that ill drive my car somewhere, say take the wife out on a drive and go to dinner and come back out to the dreadfull dead battery becuase of some drain.

i guess i dont need one and ill just chance it. life's an adventure right?. 

now im paranoid about theft. looks like a ignition cut off is in my future

Mine is mounted near the emergency brake pedal. I had not used it for a while until this car season and I had a hard time finding it the first couple of times. Now it is second nature to use it every time I get out of the car.