Aftermarket moldings - Any good?

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the aftermarket trim moldings (10 pieces) or the rocker moldings (2 pieces). Are they any good? Any recommendations? Best price?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, I used them on my last Monte restoration and will use them again on my new project. They are (in my opinion) better than anything NOS your going to find. The plating is much more uniform than the original stuff.

Here's what I found to be the trick's of them. For the 10 piece set, use their clips, the orginals will give you some trouble. A complete set with clips is about $350. File all the inside corners of the trim with a small file (where the corner meets you paint). They seem to stick out a little but 10 seconds with the file and your good. For the long rocker panel piece's go to your local body shop supply and buy smaller diameter clips. The ones that come with them are bigger and in order to make them work without destroying the trim is to drill the holes in the rocker bigger (which I don't suggest).

Steve

I used the 10 piece set and the rocker set on my car and they are great quality. Mine came from the parts place. And like Steve said make sure you file down all the back corners where they are rolled over they are very sharp and will do a number on the paint if you dont. And also as Steve said you need to get the proper rocker clips don't even try the ones that come with the moldings they are junk, I got mine from Napa.

Darrell

I used them on my car, they are real nice, I think I paid 249 for the set and another 50 for the clips. Ditto to what Steve said, there will be a small amount of filing needed, but no big deal. Definatley worth the money in my opinion