Which Radiator for BBC Swap?

201fireman

Going from 355 to a 489 in my 72.  I currently have a 2 row radiator with dual electric fans.  I believe I will need to get a bigger radiator but not sure which one would be the best option. Any thoughts or ideas? 3 row? 4 row? Brand? Part number (if you have it)?

I recommend a 4 core brass old school radiator or of going aluminum's 2 row, 1inch tube should be good also. To be positive, call a radiator manufacturer and see what they recommend. 

I have an old school 4 core in my SS and an old school 3 core in a 402 car and both cool fine. 

The most efficient radiators have two rows that are 1 or 1-1/4 wide each.

The aftermarket offers some good choices, my Griffin radiator is decades old and never gave me a moments problem.

If you're using an automatic transmission, consider and external stacked plate style cooler, not an factory style cooler tank in the radiator tank.

Thanks guys.  I do not care if it looks original as I am going from a 355 to a 489 and I have electric fans and all that jazz so original look went out the window a long time ago.  

As far as the cooler, that was my next question.  I am going from a TH350 with a 3000 stall that uses a cooler in the radiator as well as the cooler I put in the link below (goes into one, then to the other, then back out to the trans).  I am putting in a TCI TH400. Would the B&M cooler (link below) still be enough if I get a radiator without a cooler and just go with that one?

I appreciate all of the input guys!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70264