spark plug heat sheilds

HI, Yes they are supposed to be chevy orange as my originals are. "Sheilds UP!" lol sorry I couldnt resist that one. I would like to chrome mine, I dont know if you can install them with the manifolds on I guess if you can fit a wrench in there its possible.

OOps! Yeah I think he is right they are bare metal. My mistake I had mine painted by my brother inlaw when he had the car.Now that I remember they were bare metal. If you wanted to paint them you have to use high heat paint. I would still want to chrome mine the chrome would keep the oil from sticking to the metal.

John

OOps! Yeah I think he is right they are bare metal. My mistake I had mine painted by my brother inlaw when he had the car.Now that I remember they were bare metal. If you wanted to paint them you have to use high heat paint. I would still want to chrome mine the chrome would keep the oil from sticking to the metal.

John

Yeah but doesn't chrome retain heat? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

actually...I believe that they are zinc plated

exhaust manifolds are bare cast iron, many "paint" them with "cast blast" or something similar to keep that fresh cast look, like I did to my rear axle center section

img0194nf4.jpg

I painted mine silver. The are originally supposed to be like said that cast look or bare metal type look.

Those Manifolds need to come off, be painted seperately and put back, don't worry I'll help you. grin

2008easternmeetmontecarue7.jpg

Before....