Hood Adjustment Issue

The rear of the hood on the driver's side sits just a tad high. Problem is I can't adjust it or lower it as it's hitting the wiper blade arm. Has anyone else experience this or know of an adjustment I'm overlooking?  

I am no expert in adjusting the hood but if the wiper blade arm is up on the windshield does the hood then lay flat in it's normal position? If so then it has something to do with the wiper arm.

Hopefully someone that knows more will chime in but I belive if you need to get the hood down farther you need to bring hood hinge up a little,  yes it sounds strange but that's the way the hinge works. Bring the front of the hinge up first and try that then make further adjustments from there. Someone there to help would be good too.

• Like 4

What he said, adjust the front of the hinge up a little at a time until the hood aligns in the back correctly. I have done this successfully without an assistant, you just have to be careful to snug the bolts before testing the alignment by closing the hood, but it would help if you had an extra helper or two. 

• Like 2

You could also take thwe back bolt loose and raise the front of the hood to fix it but on doing the back bolt you may haver to lossen the one on the firewall also.

I loosened both hood hinge bolts and pushed/pulled the rear of the hood to where it belongs and tightened the bolts. The bolts need to be loose enough to move the hood, but tight enough to not let the hood push them around on their own. It's a tricky spot to find as far as tightness goes. Then I slowly raised the hood just enough to get the bolts tighter and final tightening when hood was up far enough. I tried the moving the hinge, tightening, shutting hood, adjusting, etc. and found the method I tried easier. Maybe remove the grille to verify the front bumpers and hood latch are where they need to be also.