Crest on grill

Guest vick72

Guest vick72

My 72 doesn't have a crest on the grill. Why is this. I do have a build sheet. Would it show on there and if so which box.

The 1972 emblems are $69 dollars from True Connections....I know this because I went in to buy one for my 71 and they sold me a 72. I said to the guy "this says its for a 72" and he told me they were the same. Well when I got home and tried to put it on it didn't work. So I went back down and exchanged it for my 71 and viola it fit just fine, but was $5 more??

The 72 one they gave me didn't have the roman numerals on the Knights helmet but the 71 does, was that the case for the stock emblems? Both of the Emblems that True Connections gave me were from Trim Parts so I don't know why one would have the year and not the other. Mike was happy because he liked the little VXXI....is that right??

http://www.firstgenmc.com/tech/differences.shtml details the differences for each year.

Mike

Man I always forget about that page....thanks. I knew when he handed me the 72 it was different than my 71 but I thought that maybe the repop emblems were just generic with no difference in the crest...but the attachment pieces wouldn't fit my 71 at all when I got home and tried to put it on. I even made Mike come out and check to make sure I wasn't just being dingy trying to put it on wrong...but it just didn't fit.