A Few Dues Paying Membership Numbers

Rob Peters

From when the club started to now we have had 3,518 Dues Paying Members of the FGMCC.  I specify "Dues Paying Members" because it is possible to be a "Board" member without being a dues paying member.  Dues paying members have access to areas of the club website that Non-Dues paying members do not see.

Currently our Dues Paying Membership count is 401.  This membership count changes from month to month with some dues paying members not renewing and some new members becoming a dues paying members.

Some information on Long Time Members with consecutive, uninterrupted dues payments:

77 Dues Paying Members have 15 to 20 year consecutive years of paying dues

27 Dues Paying Members have 20 to almost 23 consecutive years of paying dues

9 of our current Dues Paying Members have been dues paying members of the club since 2000 when the club first started.

rob

• Like 8

I would have been a 16 year paid member had it not been for a confrontation with Andreas over a silly avatar of Danielle from American pickers. Seven years ago. Some of the powers that be just get bored I guess. Now I am listed as a newbie for some reason. Doesn't tickle me for when renewals are due. Read into that what you will.

22 minutes ago, Andy's Auto said:

I would have been a 16 year paid member had it not been for a confrontation with Andreas over a silly avatar of Danielle from American pickers. Seven years ago. Some of the powers that be just get bored I guess. Now I am listed as a newbie for some reason. Doesn't tickle me for when renewals are due. Read into that what you will.

Andy,

The Newbie badge you are referring to has nothing to do with how long someone has been a dues paying member.  Those badges started when Aaron turned them on.  The issue is when he turned them on, at that point it started everyone off as a newbie, no matter how long they had been on the boards or how many posts they had had prior to that.  Those badges are based upon how many posts a member has had since those badges were turned on.

As far as the "silly avatar".  All moderators and administrators are instructed to move any questionable posts, pictures (including avatar's) to the Moderator Forum for review and at that point the admin's and moderators would vote on if the questionable post should be just deleted, modified or returned to the forums.  So those decisions are made by more than one person.

The reason for our on the boards standards is because this is a "Family Site".  It is used by all ages, including teenagers so we try to keep it as clean as possible.  When people first sign onto the site they are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site.  According to our records, you missed paying dues from 2016 to 2021.  I think it was around 2016 sometime that Andreas more or less faded away after the club elections.  

rob

30 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

The Newbie badge you are referring to has nothing to do with how long someone has been a dues paying member.  Those badges started when Aaron turned them on.  The issue is when he turned them on, at that point it started everyone off as a newbie, no matter how long they had been on the boards or how many posts they had had prior to that.  Those badges are based upon how many posts a member has had since those badges were turned on.

Yea mine says "experienced", I just figured that was for my age not my Monte knowledge 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Andy,

As far as the "silly avatar".  All moderators and administrators are instructed to move any questionable posts, pictures (including avatar's) to the Moderator Forum for review and at that point the admin's and moderators would vote on if the questionable post should be just deleted, modified or returned to the forums.  So those decisions are made by more than one person.

The reason for our on the boards standards is because this is a "Family Site".  It is used by all ages, including teenagers so we try to keep it as clean as possible.  When people first sign onto the site they are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site.  According to our records, you missed paying dues from 2016 to 2021.  I think it was around 2016 sometime that Andreas more or less faded away after the club elections.  

rob

So, pinup girls and Monte Carlos do not go together? So now you know how one way to lose dues paying members. And I get that Facebook decimates discussion forums, but there are problably a few hundred that could have been kept. Buy your numbers, 90% of paid members have moved on in the last 22 years. Read into that what you will/

On 10/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, Andy's Auto said:

. Buy your numbers, 90% of paid members have moved on in the last 22 years. Read into that what you will/

Andy,

I think you would find that with most any specialized dues paying club/group.  There are many reasons why people choose to not continue with a club or group.  Most of the responses I get for not renewing is they have sold their Monte Carlo.  By the same token many people who I know have sold their cars but made so many friends here have decided to remain as a dues paying member of the club.

The majority, I am guessing 75 percent, of people who do not renew are only a one or two year dues paying member.  The main reason many of these people join in the first place is so they can attend one of our club Eastern or Western Meets.  Some people will join to attend a meet in their area and then not rejoin until another meet is in their area.  We have lost very few dues paying members due to our stand on proper posting content.

There are many other forums people can go to if they don't like our club standards and want to post things we do not allow but I doubt you will find a more knowledgeable or better group of people anywherea to be a part of.  Most people like our site for the help they can get here and the friendships they have made along the way.

rob

• Like 3