Hello From a New Member

Mopper77

On 12/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, 420ponies said:

Welcome to the Club! Nice '72 you have there. I noticed you have the Custom Steering wheel. I don't see Custom badges up on "C" pillar (where the Monte Carlo emblem is on each side sail panel) . Do you know if it is a Custom? . It would have a 12 bolt rear axle , Sport mirror on driver's side, and wide belt moulding on top of doors. I'm looking to trade out my sport wheel for a Custom wheel since I'm going to "clone "my '72. Have most of the pieces except for the steering wheel. Here's a picture of the sport mirror. I have my original mirror(I see you don't have the center section on yours). Yes, Black was special order back in '72, that's why I'm wondering if it is a Custom. Power windows,(can't tell on the locks), Sport Dash. Just some things missing ,( Trim on doors and badges).gallery_1763_8_1413157507_2588.jpg

Hi James.

Thanks for the note, super interesting stuff.  Check out this shot of my build sheet.  Again, I am learning so much so fast...appears to me it is not a custom but was ordered with a few of the custom options (lighting package and steering wheel).

-Bill

BUILD SHEET.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Your build sheet is in pretty nice shape, did you find it or did it come with the car? I put mine in a frame so as to preserve it because it is in pretty good shape. 

It came with all the documentation.  Yeah, good call on framing it, mine looks good but it feels like just a slight breeze would turn it into dust.

-Bill 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mopper77 said:

It came with all the documentation.  Yeah, good call on framing it, mine looks good but it feels like just a slight breeze would turn it into dust.

-Bill 

Yes preserve all the documents,  I didn't get any with mine. I found one build sheet under the rear seat that was mostly destroyed the other I found in the front seat when doing the interior.