Note To All Dues Paying Members

Rob Peters

I have a request to you all.  Please, Please, Please when you provide us with a mailing address that it is a place where the US Postal Service can deliver things to.  We use the US Mail to send out our Anniversary Awards.  We recently have had packages returned to me due to the Post Office not being able to complete a delivery.  Looking at the address, on Google Maps, one of these mailings turned out to be a fenced in lot with no mail-box.  

Your mailing address should be your home address, business address or something like a PO Box.  Moving forward if we get a returned package due to a package being returned and the address you have provided turns out to be truly a place they can not deliver to you will be notified by email.  Something like this ends up costing the club extra money, in this case it cost us the initial cost of this mailing which was around $11.00 and now once we get a good address to mail it to it will cost us again.  

Our dues have been the same $25.00 for almost the entire time our club has been in operation and we would hate to have to raise club dues due to avoidable issues like this.  On top of the expense to the club, this also costs us our personal time to get a good mailing address, repackaging of the item and then our time to take it to be shipped again.

rob

• Like 7

I ship items for my Brother in-law's home business.

I always take the customer supplied ship to address and run it through the U.S.P.S. ZIP Code Lookup web site.

It is quick, free and prevents issues like this. Many times it is a TYPO on the customers side or they assume we ship all via UPS. This will also give you a +4 for the ZIP Code.

There is one for Canada also that is great.

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

• Like 1