Need new tire advice please

Hooligan71

I need new tires.  Current 235/60/15 Indy 500's are dry-rotting on the sidewall.  I am trying to decide between MT Sportsmen, Cooper Cobras, and Goodrich T/A's.  Wheels are 7 inch stock rally.  Any input on experience with these tires would be greatly appreciated.

Also thinking of staggering to give the car a subtle rake(ex: a slightly wider 70 in the back).  Any insight on fitment and look/profile by doing this or experience with different different sizes would also be greatly appreciated.  I am not looking to modify the suspension.

Please and thanks!

The BFG’s have a manufacturing issue with the white letters turning brown and their prices have taken a major increase. The Cooper Cobras are a comparable tire without white letter browning issues for a much better price. I currently run a 255-60-15 on 7 inch factory rally rims in the front and 275-60-15 on an 8 inch rally with 5 inch backspacing on my Monte SS. Factory height springs with no clearance issues. My 2 cents. 

• Like 1

The Cooper's have a little bit higher speed rating too (if that matters - 'T' vs. 'S' ratings), but not by much.

• Like 2