70 Monte carlo condenser removing

I recently replied to a post about removing the AC condenser. I may have been wrong. So is it true that the front bumper has to be removed to remove the condenser? I'd like to know this for future reference. I took a look at my front bumper and it has new bolts 🔩 in it.    Thanks Wayne 

Wayne, when I did mine I did have to remove the front bumper and bumper filler plate.  In reality, removing the front bumper is not hard at all.  You don't have to remove any of the bolts from the bumper itself.  I found it easier to just remove the bumper with the brackets still in place.  I removed the bolts holding the brackets to the frame.  

rob

• Like 1

Thanks guys I will remember this for future reference. Joe T is going to help me put a new AC Compressor in my 70 and check out the whole system. I live in Rochester, NY and He's in Niagara Falls, NY.  So not far away.  I've changed engines and transmissions, but don't know a lot about AC.  After that my next project will be to change the Torque Converter. I have a 700R4 Trans. and I Did some research with the number on the housing and found out it is a 1982 with a 27 spline input shaft. I called Summit and they confirmed that I was correct on the year, and with the Summit #7102 Camshaft that's in the engine told me to put a 2200 - 2800 RPM Stall Converter in it. So I feel confident that this will work out well.

• Like 3