well doesn't that suck

kc8oye

I ordered my daughter a Dell Inspiron laptop through Dell. With all the upgrades we wanted, it will be 9 days to build. If I had ordered it a week ago, it would have been a 3 day build. So that tells me they are probably selling a lot of computers right now.

i was reading reviews on the studio 15 on a non-dell website.. and the two main complaints of the studio 15 (that were backed up with details) were a) The speakers _SUCK_ which they do.. I mean beyond your basic crappy laptop speakers, I've heard better speakers in those singing toys at the store.

B) the time to ship from dell running into the weeks...

there were of course the typical "this laptop sucks don't buy it" and that's all that was said about it reviews, those I don't give any credit.

I don't expect great sound from a laptop allan...

but to say these speakers in the Studio 15 are crappy even for a laptop is a SERIOUS understatement.

my mom's Inspiron 1521 which is supposed to be a 'lesser' model to my Studio 1536, has WAY WAY better speakers in it.

well, I stopped in and grilled the tech on what was going on with my laptop.. since nobody called like he said they would...

the laptop was shipped back to dell the next day, as dell felt it wasn't somthing that could be handled by him (I think they were right) apparently it's a wiring issue under the wrist support.. (seems to me I've heard that somewhere before...)

I should have it back in the next day or two.

and low and behold. it was NOT the touchpad settings!!!! (seems to me I said somthing like that at the beginning)