Kickdown cable mounting

My ‘70 350/350 has a trans leak. Went under and found the shifter seal leaking. $14 from Amazon with the tool 👍 While I was looking for the leak I noticed on the passenger side that the kickdown cable is connected to the trans but the top end is swinging in the breeze. Where does the other end connect to? 

I just did the exact same thing a couple days ago. Went to change the fluid and filter when I noticed the small  leak. After reinstalling the pan, I left the fluid out until the tool and seal arrived from Amazon (2days). I had to open up the hole in the tool because it didn’t fit over the shifter shaft. It left a sharp edge that I softened up to prevent scoring the shaft. Then I took a file to sharpen the lead in thread to get the tool to bite into the old seal to remove it. I’m not with the car now but when I get back I can send a photo. 

2 minutes ago, Marks71 said:

I just did the exact same thing a couple days ago. Went to change the fluid and filter when I noticed the small  leak. After reinstalling the pan, I left the fluid out until the tool and seal arrived from Amazon (2days). I had to open up the hole in the tool because it didn’t fit over the shifter shaft. It left a sharp edge that I softened up to prevent scoring the shaft. Then I took a file to sharpen the lead in thread to get the tool to bite into the old seal to remove it. I’m not with the car now but when I get back I can send a photo. 

So the tool and seal come tomorrow. That was just part of the story of why I was under there. I’m looking to see where the kickdown cable attaches. It seems to be about a foot too short to go to the drivers side of the carb

11 hours ago, Marks71 said:

When I get back to the car I can send a photo of the hook up. I’m not sure how helpful that will be if yours is a foot of reaching the carb. Is there some kind of end on the cable?

The end of the cable has a rectangular slot on it. It might reach I haven’t actually tried it just seems short. I’ll try to run it up to the carb while I’m working on it this weekend 

Andrew, my 71 350 4BBL also has a trans leak and I think it is from the same spot, left side.

I added cruise control to mine about 30 years ago so there are some differences. Hope this helps some.

IMG_0419.thumb.JPG.e3e2ea97df83cf2851e9ba64dcbb4efb.JPG