71 center console conversion

Here's some pictures of the new interior on my 71 monte. I am so happy with this car. I got it locally for a very good price and swapped a lot of parts from my 70. Radiator, clutch fan,fender moldings, headers and entire exhaust system replaced water pump, fuel pump, all belts and hoses. This car is one of the best running cars that I've owned. 20231007_151121.thumb.jpg.e225f8be2c3f5a109494f222ad735db2.jpg

20231007_151052.jpg

• Like 12

Those are ProCar scat 90 seats. I got mine from amazon but you can get them through JEGS or Summit.

the hard part for me was getting the proper brackets. The ones that should fit do not and I had to have mine modified to mount the seats in the stock holes

• Like 2

Just now, John S said:

Thanks they look like they provide more support.

They do. I installed them to make the car more friendly over a long day of driving. The seat track throw is longer than stock and those seats recline all the way back if needed, unlike the stock seats. They are just a bit more narrow than the original equipment however. 

• Like 3

I got the seats and stock mounting brackets from Ebay from 2 different sellers. I took out a bench seat. the outside of the mounting holes was the same, and the inner holes I drilled thru the floor board, backed underneath with a plate with a 3/8-16 welded nut. I did have to drill 2 holes in each of the stock bracket brackets for the seat mounting holes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cbolt said:

They do. I installed them to make the car more friendly over a long day of driving. The seat track throw is longer than stock and those seats recline all the way back if needed, unlike the stock seats. They are just a bit more narrow than the original equipment however. 

Narrow is good won’t be so tight up against my console.

3 hours ago, Whons said:

I got the seats and stock mounting brackets from Ebay from 2 different sellers. I took out a bench seat. the outside of the mounting holes was the same, and the inner holes I drilled thru the floor board, backed underneath with a plate with a 3/8-16 welded nut. I did have to drill 2 holes in each of the stock bracket brackets for the seat mounting holes.

Drilling a couple new holes is a minor detail.

14 hours ago, Whons said:

What I did on my installation was thread the outer bolts in from the bottom up which made for easy installation/removal of both the stock seats and the procars. Just put the mounts on the posts and thread a nut on top. I have taken the seats in and out a few times now over the years and doing that with the outboard mounts really speeds up the process.