Jump to content

Molding below trunk lid for SS

Rich 71

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Rich 71 said:

ok thanks where can i get the upper one with the notch

The upper one with the notch is not reproduced as far as I know. You would need to find a good used upper one or buy the reproduction lower one which should still fit.

The Parts Place labels that part as 1970-71 lower and 1971 upper (ie, same part upper and lower).

Also note that the reproduction upper end pieces (often referred to as hockey sticks) do not fit as well as the originals but they still work fine. If you are concerned about it being as factory correct as possible then finding originals would be ideal but not always easy to find and not cheap.


  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You'll need to buy the lower piece and you can easily modify it to fit correctly. Just file it to the shape that Aaron showed to fit around the raised area by the latch. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...