Parking brake cable

John S

Two questions does the parking break cable coming from the firewall go above or below the transmission crossmember? Number two does the parking brake cables to the rear wheels go above or below the exhaust pipes?
John S

10 minutes ago, John S said:

Two questions does the parking break cable coming from the firewall go above or below the transmission crossmember? Number two does the parking brake cables to the rear wheels go above or below the exhaust pipes?
John S

Above everything, if I remember correctly. Two, one on each cable, little hooks hold them to the floor pan. 

Got it. Thanks a number of years ago when the exhaust was installed it was bent and installed by a company called rainbow muffler. They did a good job except the pipes ride a bit high very little clearance between the pipe and the crossmember and the bend was a little bit off where they go under the crossmember. The cable and where it adjusts comes very close to the driveshaft it hasn’t hit in 10 years. I don’t expect it to hit now, but I just wanted to have your input again thanks. Also, after I posted I got on eBay motors and saw a Monte Carlo that had pictures of the undercarriage.

• Like 1