Crossmember

Dtret

Has anyone ran into an early build 70 ( 08C) that has the bolt in crossmember?  It was probably changed at some point but GM may have went to the rubber mount at a later date. Just curious. 🧐 

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6844.jpeg

I also noticed that it appears that the front did not have double front body bushings or they would have been rusted like the other. Things that make you go hmmm 🤔

IMG_6848.jpeg

IMG_6849.jpeg

Are you talking about the transmission crossmember ? Mine is also a bolt in version. 

Montelishi's Birthday was the 3rd week of January 1970. MontelishiI.D_tag.thumb.jpg.ba28c054608b744298b97112b3d9d70a.jpg

I have seen early cars without the 2nd body mount you mention Dennis. May be only early Baltimore cars??🤔

Big Red is a Sept of 69 build, but Flint plant. Has both mounts and had the rubber isolator cross member. 

4 speed cars had the it directly bolted to the frame cross member. As you know the ones with the isolator rust badly inside. It MAY have been changed for a Chevelle style (direct to frame). 

• Like 3

Thanks Tom. This is a Flint car. I figured as much on the crossmember. Hmmm maybe this was originally a 4 speed car. There’s not enough floor left to tell though. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1