For those with trailers

DragCat

Great idea Mark.  CK showed me the system he uses, (different then what you linked to but same function),  a year or two ago and I bought the same one for my trailer.   It's  peace of mind being able to keep an eye on tire pressure and temp while towing.     A side note:  my trailer tire pressures increase by 5+ pounds when towing.

• Like 3

Yes, I have and use a smaller system like the one listed below in Mark’s post. It’s small, inexpensive, I use a small strip of Velcro to mount it to the dashboard so I can see it while driving and remove it when wanted, it has has a built in solar panel to keep it constantly charged. A great safety tool to help monitor your trailer’s tire air pressures and temperatures while towing. I also use an infrared thermometer to check the hub bearing temperatures when I stop to fuel up, bathroom break or eat. If one is much hotter compared to the others, there is a problem. Better to find out and deal with it then, vs breaking down on the side of a highway. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Montemedic said:

I also use an infrared thermometer to check the hub bearing temperatures when I stop to fuel up, bathroom break or eat. If one is much hotter compared to the others, there is a problem. Better to find out and deal with it then, vs breaking down on the side of a highway. 

Great tool there, usually $20/$25 on sale at HF, also use for rough running and checking header temps 

• Like 2