Is This a Fiber Optic Light?

Glen

Is this RPO U28 ashtray light fiber optic as part of the U46 “Lamp Monitor” system?

I believe it is, but want to be sure before I chase down a part. 

9CD866DA-1232-4970-AFEF-8B6BC1B030C4.png

Not sure as far as part of the U46 monitor group, but the 72 Customs have the ashtray fiber optic light. The fiber optic plugs into a special lamp socket from one of the instrument cluster lamps. 

Also has the underwood, mirror lamps, foot well courtesy lamps, etc. as part of the Auxiliary Light Group, RPO ZJ9. (pretty much all the lights listed on your build sheet above). That lamp group comes standard on the Custom, and apparently an option on the other years as well.

Look a little further on your sheet, is ZJ9 on there?

28 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Not sure as far as part of the U46 monitor group, but the 72 Customs have the ashtray fiber optic light. The fiber optic plugs into a special lamp socket from one of the instrument cluster lamps.

Also has the underwood, mirror lamps, etc. as part of the Auxiliary Light Group, RPO ZJ9. 

Thanks.  That’s what I’m looking at… That socket with the fiber optic cable. We’ll see what others might chime in with before I commit.  I have a counter offer good for about 20 more hours.  

This snip from the GM Heritage package also shows the two different groups, and what it consists of. Note, that for a 1970, it appears W/S washer monitor is included. 1971 and 1972 shows the W/S system as a separate, different line item , and simply ACC with no RPO number. Doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a RPO number, because the individual lights on the build sheet do appear to have a number assigned to them.

1970:

Aux lite group.JPG

1971 & 1972:

71 Aux lite group.JPG

Make sure that "Clip # 3" is included if possible. That holds the cable to the ashtray housing.

Aux lite group ashtray.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Look a little further on your sheet, is ZJ9 on there?

Didn’t see this earlier, Joe. No, ZJ9 does NOT appear on my build sheet