Staging brake

Chevyss

From what I remember, it depends on the class you run. In the foot brake class you can not use a trans brake. I have only used the line lock for the burn out before, not to stage the car. It has been a few years since I have done any drag racing. Sam or Robyn could probably give a little more input. smile

Ian is correct that in most footbrake classes (Sportsman/Pro)you cannot utilize a linelock to stage the car(Hold it in the beams with the exception of manual trans to keep the car from rolling through the beams. Super Pro allows the use of a transbrake. This is how the rules are written at my home track for the Summit Bracket Series.

David

Guest 72yellowmc

line lock can be used in super pro / pro only .... sportsman class is footbrake only .... check your local track for their rules.... as some are not NHRA qualified tracks.

I'm a "foot-braker" I do have a line-lock, I only use it for the burnout (they are quite fun on the street wink )

with a transbrake, the trans has to be modified some, not a simple bolt on thing, best to be done by a pro

I'd love to try a transbrake devil

Are you looking to race your monte?

If so you really don't need anything to hold it on the line except your regular brakes...I don't have a line-lock just the good old footbrake. I'm running high 11's right now and gonna try for the 10's with a secret weapon this Spring (okay, not so secret) but I'm still just gonna use the regular brake.

Bill

Guest 72yellowmc

If so you really don't need anything to hold it on the line except your regular brakes...I don't have a line-lock just the good old footbrake. I'm running high 11's right now and gonna try for the 10's with a secret weapon this Spring (okay, not so secret) but I'm still just gonna use the regular brake.

Bill

FOOTBRAKE RULES !!!!! IT'S HOW DRAG RACING SHOULD BE..... IMHO!!!! 2beers

Bill

nxsmile.gif

Yes, I'm going to trying running this year. I've done so much work on it this winter not to see what it will do on the track. I'm hoping that it will run at least 12s. I've got to get some slicks set up.

Originally Posted By: 502ci

Bill

FOOTBRAKE RULES !!!!! IT'S HOW DRAG RACING SHOULD BE..... IMHO!!!! 2beers

X2 Robyn grin

I may be putting a trans brake in my trans this spring if the trans shop can't get my vavle body straightend out..

Full manual, reverse pattern with trans brake.. augh augh augh.