2014 CTS bucket seat wiring

I bought a set of Cadillac electric seats, I haven’t been able to get them to operate, or find a correct wiring diagram, they worked when I bought them

the included picture is the cable to the plug any ideas would be appreciated 

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

I'll look in Gm eSi to see if I can find some schematics. Give me a little time.

Do you know anything else about the donor seats? 2 or 4 door, etc?

Take pictures of all the switches, connectors and modules too. There are a LOT of things that'll come into play here.

If you know what car they came from, a pic of the RPO code tag would help, or a VIN from it, as I could look up the vehicle build sheet/options direct thru GM service info.

• Like 2

2 door 2014 CTS I witnessed their operation before they were pulled so I am pretty sure they work

thanks for looking for me, it’s the next project if I ever get it back from the painter lol, hum maybe he meant sept 29 2024 not 2023

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Traveler said:

2 door 2014 CTS I witnessed their operation before they were pulled so I am pretty sure they work

thanks for looking for me, it’s the next project if I ever get it back from the painter lol, hum maybe he meant sept 29 2024 not 2023

First, please re-post the last 2 pics. I screwed up.

Next, I understand you saw them work, but to get the correct diagrams, we need to get the correct info. There are at least 7 different possible RPO codes associated with the power seats in a CTS, and different modules involved also.   Example, codes: A45, W2E,AH8,AL2,AQ9, KA1,KB6, all play a part in getting the right diagram. Did you see them work in the donor car itself?

Such things as memory, heated, cooled (just fans), lumbar, all make a difference.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 3:07 PM, jft69z said:

First, please re-post the last 2 pics. I screwed up.

Next, I understand you saw them work, but to get the correct diagrams, we need to get the correct info. There are at least 7 different possible RPO codes associated with the power seats in a CTS, and different modules involved also.   Example, codes: A45, W2E,AH8,AL2,AQ9, KA1,KB6, all play a part in getting the right diagram. Did you see them work in the donor car itself?

Such things as memory, heated, cooled (just fans), lumbar, all make a difference.

Well I was able to get to the recycle lot today and they crushed the car last week.  I learned a few things today that are different from what I was initially told for example it was not a CTS instead ATS. It wasn’t a 2014 it was a 2016, the vin number was 1G6AC1RXOGO155909 if that helps

thanks

The VIN will be all I need to decipher what options the car came with, and narrow down schematics based on that.

Give me a few days.

Stopped by the body shop Thursday and he said that I would get it back today, I’ll stop by Monday or Tuesday and hear his latest promise, so there is no rush

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Kook 1

35 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Stopped by the body shop Thursday and he said that I would get it back today, I’ll stop by Monday or Tuesday and hear his latest promise, so there is no rush

At least you’re now at days instead of dates. That’s promising. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

At least you’re now at days instead of dates. That’s promising. 

He's been hearing that for a lot of days though. Sort of like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jft69z said:

He's been hearing that for a lot of days though. Sort of like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football...

I know, but you gotta throw him a bone. It’s time for him to get it back. lol. 

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I know, but you gotta throw him a bone. It’s time for him to get it back. lol. 

Ok, 'Lucy'  🤣

The car is stuck in collision shop he!!

On a side note, looks like GM is doing some type of website maintenance this weekend.  Can't get into the site to do any research. 

Here's the RPO codes for that ATS. Wasn't a bad vehicle, had a turbo 4 cylinder though. Looks like owner had it serviced at dealer regularly, no major issues except a radio replacement and a few field action recalls. Initial delivery to Crestmont Cadillac,  Beechwood, Ohio

I'll start gathering schematics and electrical connector views in a couple days.

RPO sheet.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Oh baby. It came with the all important option VT7. Rare 

Nobody reads it anyways. (I always do though)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m more like Linus, I’ll just continue playing my own music.  Spoke with them today, he said “this time I really mean it” lol he promised me the car on Saturday.  I know it would have been wrong but Charlie might have felt better if he had kicked her,

I want my car back so there will be no kicking, the price is making me feel better 

11 hours ago, Traveler said:

I’m more like Linus, I’ll just continue playing my own music.  Spoke with them today, he said “this time I really mean it” lol he promised me the car on Saturday.  I know it would have been wrong but Charlie might have felt better if he had kicked her,

I want my car back so there will be no kicking, the price is making me feel better 

I hope you do get it home. If he’s helping you out on the cost , that’s even better.