Trans mounting location

Hi all, I am building a 454 with a th400 and dropping it into my 70, hopefully soon. My car is a 350/350 originally. My question is about the trans crossmember mount location. Is it in the same place for the 350 and the 400 or do I need to move it back? Thank you. 

I don’t know on a small block car because, honestly I never paid attention. But the first picture is of my 70 SS frame ( 454 th400) for reference. The second picture is I of the  mount holes, you can see the washer mark towards the front bolt and the other would be the rear hole with hardly no washer marks. The third picture is of my 71SS ( 454 th400). That should give you what you need. 

IMG_7354.jpeg

IMG_7356.jpeg

IMG_7357.jpeg

• Like 3

Yep that is super helpful thank you. I have the same holes just like your but my crossmember is mounted all the way forward

10 hours ago, curtish57 said:

Yep that is super helpful thank you. I have the same holes just like your but my crossmember is mounted all the way forward

Check out your crossmember and make sure the ends are not rusted away. 

• Like 2