Super rare options

This car was ordered without the power steering. This is the second 4 speed that I have had with no power steering.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vaughn said:

How about no options, :grin: This is my 1971 350 4 speed, bench seat never been restored or painted. It pretty stripped down with not much for extras. Paint code is 49 -11 or the D-99 option. Trim is not painted. It has no power steering but I love to drive this one. For some reason it seems to "float" a little less without the power steering option. 

Just don't get too close on a steep hill. :shifter:

IMG_20230625_1934384.jpg

IMG_20230625_1934525.jpg

PXL_20240430_030914263.jpg

Beautiful collection you have there! I really like this one!

5 hours ago, Vaughn said:

This car was ordered without the power steering. This is the second 4 speed that I have had with no power steering.

I  would think these cars have to be in the single digits of how many made.

You don't happen to have a build sheet do you?

I am  guessing there is a bypass code on the somewhere to delete ps.

The only option delete code I could find is for the heater which was used through 1968.

I think when a car came standard with power steering or power brakes and the buyer specified to delete it, he would receive back in the price of the vehicle what it would cost to install the options on a car that didn't come with them. But I can't find any codes that would pertain to deleting these options. I would assume the dealership placing the order would have to specify to the factory that it wasn't wanted and when the build sheet was put together the correct codes were put in the boxes.

I do have the build sheet and various other documentation. I am on the road, but I will post those on Saturday when I get home. This was a customer ordered car.

• Like 1

Vaughn, when I first looked at your build sheet I thought it came from the same dealership as my Monte so I had to look at my build sheet.  Mine was also a Baltimore plant but it went to Gilbert Chevrolet rather than Gearhart Chevrolet.  Yes, it is neat he lived on Monte Ave..

rob

• Like 2

That would have been a coincidence if they were sold at the same dealership Rob. How far apart are the vin numbers?

2 hours ago, Vaughn said:

That would have been a coincidence if they were sold at the same dealership Rob. How far apart are the vin numbers?

In reality Vaughn they were quite different.  Yours is a 71 and mine is a 70.  The original build date for mine is the last week in June of 1970 so they are about a year apart.  

rob

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

I had a brain fart Rob, I forgot yours was a 70.

🤣🤣  and I'm the old one

rob

• Haha 5