Flame Thrower Exhaust

Guest $uave 505

Guest $uave 505

Has anyone put a flame thrower kit (or made one)on their Monte and does this cause any damage to the engine? Also would like to know how hard the install is and any problems.

Thanks,

Chris R.

All it is, is a spark plug weld or screwed into the tail pipe there is a coil mounted in the back which is hooked up to the spark plug. The down side is you have to run the engine a little rich and to rich will mess up the engine.

Pull the choke out (manual choke) or add some other sort of fuel. Not the safest thing to do. I'm sure there are many web sites out there that tell you how to set it up. My Nephew built some huge tail pipes for a local legend in the Detroit area "Sh Boom!". Here is a web site with video of it and a U-Tube with my nephews buddy Murray's flame thrower.

Sh Boom!

Murray Pfaff

Bruce

I ran into a guy who had one installed. He ran some sort of fuel injector into his tail pipe too. That way he didn't have to run his engine rich. Not exactly sure what he did though, just kind of bumped into him on a cruise night.