Bought air leveling shocks

overdrive

I found online that Rock Auto has the AC Delco shocks for the SS for less than $73 for a pair. $81 shipped to my door! I thought that was excellent, considering my local Chevy dealer wants about $90 ea. and I had to tell them the GM part #.

Rock Auto

The shocks came yesterday and they look good. They came with the air line that I needed to complete my supply line from the compressor, included. And it's black! smile

• 2 weeks later...

I took the old shocks off today and found the fittings on the new ones aren't the same as the originals. I'll have to come up with an adapter for the original lines that are still in place.

According to the packaging that came with the hose kit and shocks, I need #141248- adapter kit for vehicles equipped w/GM self leveling shocks. I found this: adapter kit. I want to reuse the original tubing and not cut the original ends off. I can't tell how this kit is supposed to work. The instructions are folded up. It looks like maybe this kit eliminates the control valve. I can't do that. I was hoping to get a brass fitting to go on each shock to allow me to connect the air lines. I don't see 2 like fittings in the pic. Has anyone here used these shocks and the original air lines? Thanks.

Dan.

• 1 month later...

I just realized I hadn't updated. I bought 2 brass fittings at Carquest that let me use the original valve and the new air lines to the shocks. They work fine.

The adapter kit mentioned above isn't what's needed.

Dan what dealer did you get them at, and do you know if they had another set? Ohh by the way i used the clay like you said and it worked great. Smooth as a babies butt now. Thanks Willie

Willie,

Glad the recommendation worked. Did you use the bug & tar remover also prior to the clay bar. Just curious.

It's funny how everyone I recommend to do this says the same thing "smooth as a babies behind".

Nice to hear it worked out.

Dan

It was a dealer on Jamaica Ave in Queens. I believe they did have another set. Not sure of part # now. I can check to see if I can locate it. Call me: cell (516) 578-1828