Grille

I've started to do some detail work on the monte yesterday. Got most of the vinyl top trim looking like did original. Been thinking about the grille currently its all chrome. What would a stock looking grille look like for a 1970? bumpers009.jpg

Mine looks just like yours. The "shell" and outsides of the fins on the eggcrate portion are chrome and the inside "flat" parts of the eggcrate are just a kind of flat looking silver color. There is a valley on the shell that has a semi gloss black accent if I remember correctly.

Robert for what it's worth my '72 is as Rich describes. I know the '70, '71, and '72 are all variations of a theme but the basic esthetics are the same... David

I though I read where the grills in the 71 or 72 were blacked out and only the chrome showed. Working on the stock style look but upbeat for today. So far the only thing that's not stock looking is my rims which are 16" chrome rally's, the valve covers, and the radio. My air cleaner is . correct for the 70's.

• 2 weeks later...
wheres jared on this subject? shocked [/quote

I'm here. Grilles are silver inside the squares, but some prefer them blacked out. Its all in your taste.

I blacked mine out using flat or matte black, but I agree with Jared, it's really up to you. If your going with totally unmolested original then silver, but use whatever color you want if your cars not 100% original.