which posi carrier to choose?

bobsmc

can i get some opinions of on what carrier to use?

im thinking eaton but just trying to see what everyone uses.

theres a co on ebay that is selling new for around $400 which is much less than summit wants.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370243467759&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

anyone deal with this co. ?

bob

Be careful which posi you get. I've used several unfortunately. I originally bought a "Torque Line" posi as they looked nice and had a good price. Well, I got what I paid for. I decent looking posi that didn't work well at all. Apparently it only used one clutch pack where Eaton's and other more expensive ones use two packs. Most of the original posis used by GM were Eaton brand, made for GM I have had my eaton for 12 years or so, and it is fantastic. I think they work well until you start getting up to around 700 hp, then people start going through the carbon fiber clutches quickly and they have to switch back to the standard style clutches.

Go Eaton!

I have an Eaton myself and it's been in there since about 1985, not a single problem and it was used when I got it.

Don't forget about another style of "posi" the Truetrac from Detroit Locker. It uses gears that won't wear out and is very smooth (from what I have read).

With the "Summit Bucks" $40 rebate it puts the price at $399.95.

LINK